Throwaway so my friends don't see all my personal information… but basically I (26F) don't know where to begin with investing and would love some help. I want to have some long-term investments (set and forget) that will hopefully payout as much as possible in the next 20-30 years. I don't make a ton, but would love to figure out how to make the money I save grow. I've looked into ETF's, mutual funds, real estate, etc. and don't know where to begin. I live in a relatively expensive city, but not as expensive as NYC, San Fran, Seattle, etc.
- I have a $61,600 salary, about $30k saved in cash
- I own a condo under low-income resell restrictions (2% per year, non-compounding) that I bought back in Jan of 2017 for $134,000. I'm selling it shortly as I'm moving in with my SO
- I have a Roth 401k with employer match in which 15% of my post-tax paycheck is deposited to
- Think I'm looking for a bigger risk, bigger reward at this point
- So far, feels like my job will continue to be safe in all this corona madness, but I understand nothing is guaranteed
Any and all help is beyond appreciated – thanks in advance!